A gas pipeline under construction is seen near the village of Sappes, north-east Greece, Tuesday, Nov. 21, 2006.
Nikolas Giakoumidis - AP Images
The Second Annual Energy Case Competition
Series: Geopolitics of Energy Event Series
Harvard students, staff, faculty - Nye A, Fifth Floor Taubman Building
April 19, 2012
|Moderator:||Meghan L. O'Sullivan, Director of the Geopolitics of Energy Project|
Related Project: The Geopolitics of Energy Project
Energy Case Competition
Thursday, April 19, 2012
3:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Nye A&B - Harvard Kennedy School
(*DATE & LOCATION CHANGE*)
The Geopolitics of Energy Project at Harvard Kennedy School is excited to announce the second annual Energy Case Competition. The competition will be facilitated by Professor Meghan O'Sullivan, Director of the Geopolitics of Energy Project at the Harvard Kennedy School.
Students from MIT and Harvard are invited to solve the case alone or in teams of up to three students, combining analytical approaches to a pressing energy challenge we will see unfold in the coming years. If selected as finalists, teams will have a chance to present their findings to a panel of faculty, industry and government representatives.
The winner will receive $250 and a chance to brief their solution to a key policymaker involved in the problem in the real world. Final round presentations will be followed by an afternoon reception, open to all participants and interested students.
- Deadline: Deadline to register is 9:00 PM Thursday, April 5. Please register by sending your team information to: HKSenergycomp2012@gmail.com. Please include each individual team member name, email address, phone number and school.
- The Case: The case will be distributed by email by 9:00 AM, Friday, April 6.
- Deliverables: A four-page memo (single-spaced) addressing the questions posed by the case will be due at 12:00 PM on Thursday, April 12. Although you will have a week, the case is designed to take up to a day to solve. If selected as a finalist, teams will be expected to present 5-10 minutes to judges on April 19.
- Finalists: Teams will be notified by Wednesday, April 18 if they have been selected as finalists. All participants are invited to attend the final presentations.
- April 19 Event: Finalists will compete from 3:00-5:00 PM on April 19 in Nye A&B (5th floor of Taubman). Professor Meghan O'Sullivan will guide a panel of distinguished judges, who will deliberate on the presentations from 5:00-6:00 PM. The judges will announce the winners followed by a reception open to all from 6:00–7:00 PM.
We hope you can join us!
Please feel free to contact Emily_McAteer@hks13.harvard.edu with any questions.
Geopolitics of Energy
79 JFK Street Cambridge, MA 02138