Are you thinking about applying to HKS? Learn more about the various degrees offered through HKS and how to apply from the Office of Admissions here. There are ample fellowship opportunities for prospective students from the Middle East. We encourage you to explore the various fellowships listed below, and contact us or visit the HKS Financial Aid Office here to find out more.
As an additional resource, we also encourage you to watch this video to hear about the HKS student experience from recent alumni from the region:
Representatives from the Office of Admisssions travel to the MENA region frequently to host information sessions on degree programs and fellowships. Follow the HKS Admissions Blog to find out about opportunities near you.
Degree Fellowships for HKS Students from the Middle East
- Aida Kayali International Public Service Fellowship - Established to support students (women preferred) committed to public service in the Middle East, Africa or South America
- Bashir Al-Haffar Public Service Fellowship - Established to support students (women preferred) from the Arab League.
- Emirates Leadership Initiative Fellowship - Established by the government of the United Arab Emirates to support students from the United Arab Emirates and other Arab countries who have demonstrated interest in developing their leadership and public management skills in the United Arab Emirates and Arab countries.
- Lamont Graduate Fellowship - Established to support students from the Middle East, India and South Asia.
- Latifa Kosta Graduate Fellowship - Established to support students from the Middle East with a preference for students from Lebanon.
- Mary and David Boies Fellowship - Established to support students from Afghanistan, Iraq, Israel, Palestinian Territories, and former Soviet Union countries in Central Asia who demonstrate a capacity to lead, with a vision for their countries or region, and potential to make a significant, positive difference when they return to their home country.
- Middle East-North Africa Graduate Fellowship Fund -Established by Norwegian oil and gas company DNO International ASA to support qualified applicants who enroll at HKS through the Edward S. Mason Program.
- Mona Hammami Graduate Fellowship - Established to support students of the MPA/ID Program from Algeria, Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Morocco, Oman, occupied Palestinian Territories, Qatar, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates and Yemen.
- Princess Banderi Al-Faisal Public Service Fellowship - Established to support students from the Arab League (women preferred). As a demonstration of his/her commitment to public service, the successful applicant must be professionally employed in the public sector in their home country, broadly defined, for three years upon graduation. If the three-year commitment is not met, recipients must repay the fellowship.
- The Sammy Ofer Fellowship for Emerging Leaders - Established to support promising students from Israel and Palestine. The fellowship was established in memory of Israeli businessman Sammy Ofer, who in his lifetime was a firm believer in the role that education can play in sound leadership, promoting peace and coexistence in the region.
- Sheikh Abdulaziz A. Al-Tuwaijiri Public Service - Established to honor Sheikh Abulaziz Al-Tuwaijri and to advance his commitment to world peace. Preference given to Middle Eastern students committed to the cause of world peace and conflict resolution.
- Sheikh Suhaim bin Hamad Al Thani Fellowship - Established to commemorate H.E. Sheikh Suhaim bin Hamad Al Thani, one of the founders and visionaries who shaped modern day Qatar. It supports students of the Edward S. Mason Program from Yemen, Egypt, Sudan, Palestinian Territories, Iraq, Liberia, Rwanda, Senegal, and Vietnam.
- Tamer Fellowship - Established to support students from Lebanon, Jordan, Morocco, Egypt, Yemen, Congo, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Somalia and Tanzania.
- Turkish Secretariat General for European Union Affairs Graduate Fellowship - Established in honor of the Secretariat General's dedication to further the education of Turkish government officials. It supports Mason program students with at least five years of service at the Turkish Secretariat General.
- Wexner Israel Fellowship - Established to support outstanding Israeli government and public service professionals as they pursue a mid-career Master's Degree in Public Administration at HKS.
The following fellowship is managed through the Harvard Arab Alumni Association. More information is available here.
- Harvard Arab Alumni Scholarship - An alumni-led scholarship fund at Harvard to support the Harvard Arab Alumni Association's objective of increasing the number of Arab students at Harvard.