The West Bay district of Doha, Qatar, on the horizon.
Harvard Project to Host Event at COP-18 with Government of Qatar
Announcement, Harvard Project on Climate Agreements, Belfer Center
November 29, 2012
Belfer Center Programs or Projects: Harvard Project on Climate Agreements
After Doha: Balancing Adaptation, Mitigation, and Economic Development
Government of the State of Qatar and the Harvard Project on Climate Agreements
Thursday, 6 December
Qatar National Convention Center
Hall 5, Room 4
Distinguished panelists will provide high-level insights into the state of climate policy—and prospects for the future—as COP-18 comes to an end.
- His Excellency Fahad Bin Mohammed Al-Attiya, Chairman, Qatar National Food Security Programme
Welcome and introduction
- Robert Stavins, Albert Pratt Professor of Business and Government, Harvard Kennedy School; Director, Harvard Project on Climate Agreements
- Daniel Bodansky, Lincoln Professor of Law, Ethics, and Sustainability, Arizona State University
Remarks on mitigation
- Rabi Mohtar, Executive Director, Qatar Environment and Energy Research Institute
Prospects for regional climate change adaptation
- Carlo Carraro, President and Professor of Environmental Economics and Econometrics, University of Venice; Climate Change and Sustainable Development Programme Coordinator, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei
Remarks on climate change policy and economic development
- R. Seetharaman, Chief Executive Officer, Doha Bank Group
Response and remarks on climate finance
For more information about this publication please contact the Harvard Project on Climate Agreements Coordinator at 617-496-8054.
For Academic Citation: