Delay barriers at the U.S. National Nuclear Security Administration's Y‐12 facility
NNSA Production Office
"Defining and Implementing Best Practices in Nuclear Security"
Discussion Paper, Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs
December 14, 2012
Author: William H. Tobey, Senior Fellow, Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs
Belfer Center Programs or Projects: US-Russia Initiative to Prevent Nuclear Terrorism
This paper analyzes the contribution that best practices can make to the field of nuclear security by doing the following:
- Defining what is meant by best practice
- Specifying a methodology for deriving it
- Understanding the resulting characteristics of the method
- Comparing its pros and cons to other methods contributing to security, such as guidelines and regulations
Please click the link below to view the full text of this publication:
- William_Tobey_Defining and Implementing.pdf (756K PDF)
For more information about this publication please contact the Belfer Center Communications Office at 617-495-9858.
For Academic Citation: