"The Dilemma of Devolution and Federalism: Secessionary Nationalism and the Case of Scotland"
Book Chapter, No More States? Globalization, National Self-Determination, and Terrorism, pages 235-245
August 31, 2006
Belfer Center Programs or Projects: International Security
"In 1707, England and Scotland completed their union. Yet more than a quarter of a millennium later Scottish nationalism made a reappearance...."
Other Chapters in No More States? Globalization, National Self-Determination, and Terrorism:
- Globalization and its Effects: Introduction and Overview
- The "Acceptance" of Globalization
- Globalization, Terrorism, and the U.S. Relationship with Russia
- The Failure of Chechen Separatism
- Mired in Mesopotamia? The Iraq War and American Interests
- Who Will Be Independent?
For Academic Citation: